UGA Wesley

Leadership Blog

10/05/2009

Announcements for 10/5 -10/9

Posted by Anonymous |

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Regardless of the blah weather and weekend sadness, it is going to be an amazing week in Athens (especially at Wesley)!!

Leadership Prayer will be in the hallway outside the Grand Ballroom at Tate II. 7:00 as usual. I want to encourage all of you to be there. It is the middle of the semester which makes it easy to let responsibilities slide. But remember, this responsibility allows you to grow closer to Jesus!! How amazing is that!?!

Fall Retreat is NEXT weekend. It costs $55 plus $10 for a shirt. We will be learning about relationships. Who couldn't grow in greater knowledge here? I know I don't have it figured out!!! Sign up this week!

Mission Trip sign ups go out THIS week. Get excited and see a future post on all the wonderful places we are going later this week.

Leave a comment....do you have a quirky/funny/weird habit? If so, what is it?

14 comments:

Ashley Plant said...

I have lots of weird habits/quirks!

*I don't like partially open doors. They either have to be all the way open or all the way closed. If the pantry door is left cracked open, I will get off the couch to go close it. (same with drawers)

*I hate when there are little drops of peanut butter in the jelly jar (and vice versa). Just use a different knife!!!

*I sleep with 4 pillows.

*I literally cannot go to bed at night with a messy room. I am a huge believer in "a little light pick-up" every night!

Joanna said...

I sleep with an eye-mask on every night and have since I was 12 :)

Hunter said...

I love eye masks. Big fan.
hmm I like sniffing/smelling my food before I eat it. The weird thing is that most of the time I can't smell it and I eat it anyway

Callie said...

I prefer to drink out of a straw in almost any situation. with the sole exception of my morning diet coke. well, and warm beverages. that's just silly.

Callie said...

also, maybe this new layout reminds me of the PBS show "Big Comfy Couch" except it's red instead of blue like on the show. disturbing clowns.......

claire said...

i smell things before i eat them as well.

i make lists, for everything.

i like poking my friends' stomachs. like when they stretch backward and their belly sticks out. it's basically irresistible.

David W. said...

I am not a germaphoe until someone gets sick and I wont let them touch anything, and go behind them and wipe it down, while washing my hands ten times a day...I always have the feeling the germs are spreading as they breath, creeps me out!

Daniel White said...

I scratch my head almost constantly during a exam even if my head doesn't actually itch.

Tyler Durden said...

I always rearrange silverware and the salt and pepper shakers.

And if I'm wearing a coat, I constantly play with the zipper.

HaleyMichelle said...

I can't eat my bowl of cereal unless I've dunked all of it in the milk. It can't be dry! I think it's more of a mental thing than me liking wet cereal haha

astep7 said...

I'm terrified of ratites (large flightless birds: ostriches, emus, etc.)

Amelia Joy Ruddell said...

I twirl my hair with my left hand ALL THE TIME! I've noticed that once I start I just can't stop until I wash my hair or go to sleep (has to be something drastic to make me quit). It's addicting. I just like the way it feels. :)
Also, I get really jumpy/bouncy when I am very happy or excited! I don't mean just a jumpy or bouncy personality, I mean physically jumping and bouncing around the room!

Jessica S. said...

I can't/don't wear white socks. They have to have some sort of color on them or else I just won't wear them. Weird.

Blake said...

I leave comments on random blogs I find.

Subscribe